Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Under the Never Sky



Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Rossi, V. (2012). Under the never sky. New York, NY: Harper Collins.

Genre: Dystopian Fiction (YA)

Reverie is a virtual world compacted into small spaces. This is the world, Aria knows. When her mother goes missing, Aria finds herself in a very real world where only the strong survive. Aria shouldn’t be able to survive but secrets about her identity and reluctant help from Perry might be enough to see her through this great unknown. 

Reaction: Veronica Rossi did a fabulous job of telling this story through the eyes of both Aria and Perry. I do find it interesting that I was able to learn more about Perry from Aria and vice versa, their connection is that strong. 

I was intrigued by the world in which they live and the Aether that seems to be destroying or controlling it. 

The concept of the "marked" fascinates me...I'm still not sure if it’s a gift or a curse but I guess that will play out as the series continues. 

Roar's character makes me laugh. Cinder and Talon both seem to have special roles in the story; I wonder if children will be the key to escaping Aether...Cinder's "ability" prompted this thinking/prediction.

The book is extremely intriguing and addictive. The book pretty much had to be pried out of my hands, COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! 

I cannot wait to read more about this world.

Side note: I do feel like a love triangle is a given for this series but I hope that Aria and Perry make it...

5 stars

No comments :

Post a Comment

I welcome discussion here at Randie’s Book Reviews! Please leave your thoughts below and I will be back soon to view, post, and respond to your comment.