Sunday, June 16, 2013

Has Anyone Seen My Emily Greene?



Mazer, N. F. (2007). Has Anyone Seen My Emily Greene? Davenier, C. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick Press.

Genre: Picture Storybook

This is a very charming book. A father playfully looks around the house for his energetic, dancing, giggling daughter, Emily Greene. Having the text written as poetry adds to the playful tone of the book and the watercolor illustrations are lively too! I enjoyed how the cat appears to be playing along with the father and daughter. 




It is very sad that Norma Fox Mazer’s daughter passed away before she could illustrate this book but it is wonderful to see that the book was still shared with readers and Christine Davenier was able to capture some of the daughter’s artistic tastes. 


Another little note about this author, I read Mazer’s Babyface a million times during my childhood. It was like a pacifier to me, lol. That book also captures a father-daughter relationship, but the daughter is a teen and the relationship is much more complicated.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I welcome discussion here at Randie’s Book Reviews! Please leave your thoughts below and I will be back soon to view, post, and respond to your comment.